Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Big Apple

Way back in October I went on a trip to New York with Brish and Mikell. We found a good deal on tickets and couldn't say no to visiting our dear friend Janelle. So before we headed to Rochester we hit up NYC for three days of jam packed fun. Luckily, it's the city that doesn't sleep so we were able to see lots of things well into the early morning hours. Combined we had over 850 pictures from our entire trip so here is a small selection.


Mmmmm... Rice pudding at 2 in the morning. My fave. We may have gotten terribly lost on our way home after this.

Grand Central Station probably around 12 am. Luckily it wasn't crowded around that time and we were able to get this beautiful sepia tone picture.

On the way back from Ellis Island. I posted this picture solely for Mikell's face. So cute!

Ellis Island. We only had time to see about half of this place! I could have spent hours there, but I guess that I have a reason to go back!

Before we boarded the ferry for Liberty Island/Ellis Island.


Our morning walk through Central Park. Apparently, it is a huge park. Who knew? We didn't.

Our first evening in Times Square.

Delicious dinner at the restaurant Room Service. After this charge was seen on our bank account I was questioned about why I was spending money ordering room service.


Ahhhh bright and early after our arrival. The skating rink at Rockefeller Center.


Our hostel. We were a little wary but I had reserved a private room and bathroom and it was all very nice and a lot less expensive than hotels. It was also right next to Central Park and just a few steps from a Subway entrance. We were very pleased.

Brisha after doing her part to support the NY economy. I think she spent more shopping on this excursion than I spent on my entire trip.

Sorry Brish. You can wait outside for us.

Brooklyn Bridge. We did our best not to look like tourists.


Yay! A rare picture of all three of us.

Duh, of course we went to Phantom. We were in NYC! Pretty sure Brisha was wearing something under that coat. But who knows with that girl!

The whispering wall at Grand Central Station. Whisper in one end and you can hear it on the other end.

Top of the Rock! So cold!

Let freedom ring! On the ferry to Ellis Island.

I love this pic. One of the many skylines from our walk around the lake in Central Park.

We were a little tired a first day with the red eye flight and all, and we couldn't check into our hostel until 2:00 PM so when the time came for us to finally take a nap Mikell took the lead and briskly led us home.

The Museum of Modern Art.

Free cranberry juice for all! Ocean Spray set up a display in front of Rockefeller Center.
Don't worry, those weren't in chronological order. Hope you enjoyed! Depending on how much you care, Mikell posted some more pics on her blog.
Someday I will post about our trip to Rochester. Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha so much to say. First of all, the sun was REALLY bright. Second of all, you and Brisha walk way too slow!
    You're post is way better than mine!! I wish I was as witty as you :(

    ReplyDelete