Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rochester

After our adventure in NYC, we headed over to Rochester to see our dear friend Janelle. Luckily we were there just in time for the fall colors! Our tour guide, Janelle, took us lots of great places and it was nice to be in a town that didn't smell like urine and trash. Here are some things we did.

I don't know what this is or why it was taken.

The Sacred Grove. The colors were beautiful!

The last night we went on a tour of this cemetary where they took us around and told stories about some of the people that were buried there. It was a blast! This wasn't your regular cemetary either, it was HUGE!

Ahhhh!!! Cemetary!! Scary!!

This picture of myself makes me laugh. No explanation for this one, sorry.

We also went to this state park that was a upward path of little caves and waterfalls galore! It was tres pretty.

See? Waterfalls.

The Erie Canal. I just noticed Janelle is on her tiptoes. Cute!

Really Really Really delicious crepes.

Print shop where the first Book of Mormons were printed.

Joseph Smith's bedroom.

Our lovely hosts! Tyson even shared his birthday with us and we went to this amazing BBQ restaurant. It was really, really good.

They took us on a drive of the finger lakes, it was so beautiful!

Passports in hand, we headed up to Canada to cause mischief in a foreign country but decided to see Niagra Falls while we were there. This picture doesn't do it justice. We had watched a program before we went about the many people who attempted to survive going over the falls (almost all unsuccessfully) so we knew better than to try going over. Although, I secretly brought my wooden barrel in case one of the girls was feeling gutsy.
And that was our trip! It was such a fun girls trip and I had a great time hanging out with my friends, especially Brish, before she left on her mission. I would like to thank everyone who made this trip possible. Brisha, who forcefully demanded we go in October so we could see Janelle before she left. Mikell, for being so willing to come with us. Mikell's iPhone, for without it we could not have found our way on the subways or the city. Janelle and Tyson, for letting us stay in their home. And last but not least, Otto, for always loving and supporting me in all my dreams and aspirations and but more importantly, for funding this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you make me laugh. I am glad you didn't try to cross Niagra Falls either. Looks like it was a really fun trip. And how kind of Otto to fund it. :)

    ReplyDelete